Through the Rug 3: Charm Forest
By Jill Ammon VanderwoodBuy on Amazon
Charm Forest, the third book in the Through the Rug series is the one fans have been waiting for!
Grandma Emma, Domino, and Alyssa return home from Wishville and everything slowly goes back to normal. This is, until Grandma Emma accidentally summons a tornado during a neighborhood event. Grandma, along with four other senior ladies, are taken up into a whirlwind and no one knows where they went! And, if that weren’t bad enough, Alyssa’s cousin, Autumn, and the dogs are accidentally transported to Wishville in a beautiful new car. Once she gets there, Autumn quickly realizes how fun it is to have all her wishes come true and even Domino and Sonja, the pink poodle, might not be able to convince her to ever come home.
So with two of Grandma’s friends deciding they don’t want to be found, and cousins who are having fun with their wishes, Alyssa has her work cut out for her. She’ll have to take another trip through the rung, searching through all the magical clues to get the ladies and her family back—all before her aunt comes to pick her children up from Grandma’s house. Alyssa, Domino and Grandma Emma must join together for another unexpected adventure and it’s one none of them will ever forget.
Through the Rug
Questions for Students and Teachers:
- Who is your favorite character in Through the Rug?
- If you went to Wishville, what would you wish for?
- Who would you take to Wishville with you and why?
- If you had more days in the week, what would you call your special day?
- What would you do on your special day?
- What is your talent?
- What talent do you wish you had?
- If you were a writer, who would be your main character?
- What are your ideas for future Through the Rug books?
- Does your grandma do crazy things, like Grandma Emma? Write a story about something your grandma has done to embarrass you.
Through the Rug 2: Follow that Dog
Questions for Students and Teachers:
- If you went through the rug to Wishville, what would you wish for?
- If your dog could walk or talk, like a human, what conversation would you have with your pet?
- If you had more hours in the day, how would you spend your extra hours?
- Who is your favorite character in this book? Who is your least favorite? For example: I really like Alyssa, but I don’t like the dogcatcher because he’s always bothering Domino.
- If you were on Pageant Island, what talent would you share?
- If you encountered a bank robber in Wishville, how would you catch him?
- What would you do if you found a Wishville Return Token at the end of your street?
- How would you solve the bird problem in Wishville?
- Would you enjoy swimming in the blue lake from Wishville?
- Write an adventure story about Domino.
What readers are saying about Follow that Dog:
- "What I thought was interesting about Wishville is: anything is possible. I would want a book, so I can experience what a good author writes, so I could write a novel of my own." Zach
- "I think you should make five books of Through the Rug. Your books are really, really fun and exciting." Hailey, age nine
- "Domino was my favorite character in the book. I want to live in Wishville, because you can with for whatever you want, and you get it. I would wish for a Lamborghini." Anthony, age ten
- "I like your story. It has dogs. I love dogs. I like stories that have magical places and wishes." Jaime, age nine
- "I hope to buy books one and two and if there are more, I hope to read them in my life. I loved the books!" Shyann, age ten
- "I like the book and it’s cute and funny. I think that it will be a good book to read. The character that I like is Domino, he’s funny. They are all cool and funny." Kim
- "I thought the book was really cool. I like Domino and his girlfriend Sonja. I hope you write another book." Jonathan, age ten
What readers are saying about Charm Forest:
- "If I could rate this book from one to ten, and ten was the best, I would rate it 1,000,000. This book is so great! I mean awesome!" Anna, age twelve
- "I love the third book and I really liked with the two boys were bad and taking away wishes and the part when Florida turned into a baby. Your book is the best." Joey, age eleven
- "I really loved your book. It was very detailed and adventurous. Keep writing!" Joseline, age twelve
- "I liked this book. I really liked the part where Florida and Lula May were in the circus and Florida almost got eaten by a lion. Keep writing books." Calvin, age eleven
- "I liked your book a lot. I hope everyone enjoys it like I did. Do a fourth book. PLZ. Keep writing books. You’re a great author."
- "I love your book. I wish I could go to Wishville then I’d wish for all kinds of things. Keep writing the series." Leo, age thirteen
Questions for Students and Teachers
- Which book in the Through the Rug series is your favorite? What do you like about that book?
- If you were to write your own magical adventure series, who would be your main character?
- If you went to Wishville, what would be your first wish?
- If you had a wish-snatcher, what would you like to snatch?
- Did you ever wish you were younger? If you could be younger, how young would you want to be?
- If you were in the circus, what act would you wish to perform?
- If you could drive to Wishville, what kind of car would you drive? Where would you drive your car?
- Did your grandmother ever get lost? Who found her and where?
- What is your favorite part of this story? Why did you like that part?
- Write about an adventure on the back of a Pegasus.